Why We Fundraise
Why do we fundraise for breast cancer cures?
- Because today in Metro Atlanta, 7 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Because every day in Metro Atlanta, 1 person will lose their life to breast cancer.
- Because this week, 19 cases of late-stage breast cancer will be diagnosed in Metro Atlanta.
- Because breast cancer knows no boundaries. It affects people of every age, gender, socio-economic status and location.
- Because African American women in Metro Atlanta have a breast cancer death rate 40% higher than the national rate.
- Because it’s time to go beyond breast cancer awareness. It’s time to take action! It's time to be More Than Pink™.
We can fight these statistics together. Join the breast cancer movement by fundraising for the Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure®.
Your fundraising has the power to make a true impact. Just consider how far we have come, thanks in part to supporters like you:
- In Komen Atlanta's 26 years of service, we have provided more than $28 million to fund programs in Atlanta to provide breast cancer screenings, education, and survivor support.
- The national Race for the Cure® series has raised more than $2 billion to help fund research, education, screening and treatment.
- In 1980, the 5-year relative survival rate for women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer was about 74 percent. Today, that number is 99 percent.
- Since our founding in 1982, Susan G. Komen’s national research program has invested in cutting-edge research that has helped make major breakthroughs possible.
Race for the Cure® is your opportunity to turn your support for the breast cancer movement into action. Prove that you are More Than Pink™, and help us end breast cancer forever.
Register or log in to fundraise today!